But there is much more to Microgreens than what you see and know! AllThatGrows brings to you, India’s first variety of easy to grow microgreens.
What are Microgreens exactly? (No no, they ain’t sprouts)
As the name suggests, microgreens are micro versions of matured plants. It is basically the budding stage of the plant when the leaves just start to grow and the shoots are only 2-3 inches taller. Commonly confused with sprouts, microgreens are completely different from baby shoots or sprouts as they are grown in soil, while sprouts are germinated in water.
To know how microgreens are different from sprouts, read Microgreens Vs Sprouts.
Tons of benefits that these small greens can provide you; trust us, they are as simple to grow. Homegrown Microgreens are completely pesticide-free and can be consumed as soon as they are harvested, which is an ideal consumption method for these fresh shoots.
- Microgreens are ultra-healthy compared to the mature vegetable, when grown at home, with up to 60 times more nutrition including critical vitamins and minerals.
- They are cost-efficient and completely fuss-free to grow.
- Microgreens are at their healthiest when consumed immediately, so what better way than to grow them in your garden/ or windowsill.
- Microgreens look as pretty potted as they do on your dishes. Say goodbye to the expensive ornamental plants and grow these versatile ones at home. Growing your own greens and eating it will give you double the satisfaction.
- Packed with strong flavors and nutrition, these superfoods add plenty to the daily nutrition that you follow or intake.
How can you grow Microgreens?
(A pot, some soil and our seeds, you are done!)
Introducing 11 varieties of Microgreens to the Indian audience as the sole supplier, our primary objective lies in educating the Indian consumer about the numerous health benefits and the ease of growing microgreens at home. Consumption of homegrown microgreens is immense in western countries and we wish to make the process of buying and growing microgreens extremely easy and accessible to everyone. Growing microgreens, with us, is just a 4 step process:
- Choose a pot (could be a tray or a container) that is 4-5 inches deep, and fill it with fresh potting soil. Manure can be mixed with the soil for better produce.
- Take an ATG Microgreen seeds pack, and sprinkle the seeds evenly over the soil bed. Cover the seeds with a thin layer of soil and allow germination for 2 days.
- After 3 days, when seedlings start to grow, expose the pot to 3-4 hours of sun and mild quantity of water and air for the next 5 days. Now you see the colorful magic growing near your window sill or shelf!
- Post the shoots are 2-3 inches tall, take a sharp scissor or a knife, and cut the microgreens from just above the soil, not affecting the roots and soil bed. Wash your microgreens and they are ready to make your plate healthy and fancy!
Learn more about How to grow microgreens at home here.
What all can you grow as microgreens?
(Practically every veggie that you like!)
There is no limit to this as any leafy vegetable or salad ingredient can be grown and harvested in its microform. Some varieties that are available as microgreens include Radish White, Amaranth red, Pak Choi, Cauliflower, Cabbage, Broccoli, Onion, Beetroot, and a few others. Microgreens have different flavors and colors, which might not be similar to their grown counterpart at all. They are a great accompaniment to your salads, smoothies, shakes, and much more!
You can now shop these easy to grow varieties of Microgreens with us to start with.
So what are you waiting for? Get going to shop this great summer quencher super nutrition power packs at https://www.allthatgrows.in/collections/micro-greens-seeds
Stay tuned for interesting articles, facts, and recipes on Microgreens!